Sunday, March 27, 2011

Journal of a Couch Potato: Do I Want My MTV Again?

Filed under: ,

MTV We had a hard time deciding what I should watch for Couch Potato this month. I've watched women's programming all day (OWN) and The Disney Channel, and I was hoping this time that my editor -- a perfectly lovely woman who has never showed any cruel streak before -- would assign me something I was familiar with, or at least something I could identify with.

She chose MTV.

I am 45-years-old. I have not watched MTV regularly since Nirvana smelled Teen Spirit and Michael Jackson told us it didn't matter if things were black or white. I haven't "wanted my MTV" in a while. There was a time -- say, from 1981, when MTV debuted, to around 1992 -- when I watched the channel a lot. They actually played more music videos than reality shows then and the ratio of good to bad music was much more in my favor. I wore my sunglasses at night, I was caught in the heat of the moment, and I wanted Jessie's girl.

 

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

Poppy Montgomery Evangeline Lilly Lisa Marie Keira Knightley Monica Keena

No comments:

Post a Comment