Monday, June 13, 2011

LeBron James Blames God for Miami Heat's NBA Finals Loss

In what must have been an emotional moment of frustration and an attempt to explain the Miami Heat's loss to the Dallas Mavericks, Heat forward LeBron James found the best place he could to put the blame for coming up short.

Following the game James, this is what James twitter account, @KingJames looked like:

The Greater Man upstairs know when it's my time. Right now isn't the time.

Really LeBron? Blame God?

I understand blaming the fans, the coaches, teammates, the weather, and everything else under the sun.

Perhaps the pregame music was not what you wanted, the towels were not folded right, all the fans wearing white threw you off or someone put the wrong kind of powder out for you to throw into the air. If you ask me it was because your headband was too tight.

I could handle all of that, but blaming God? Not your best move.

If I am wrong, please tell me, but I think I understand the thinking. Hmmm, if I blame the man upstairs, no one can argue with me and I can avoid taking responsibility for my poor play at times in this series. I won't have to answer to fans about not delivering the title despite having promised "five, six, seven" championships after signing with the Heat in the offseason.

LeBron, you lost. It happens in sports. A better team won the series this season. That is not to say that you will not win multiple championships, just not this year. Your team is still good, and you will only get better. The titles will come.

That being said, man up and take some responsibility for the loss.

I can not see any of the great players of the past blaming anything but themselves for a loss. I never heard Jerry West, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird or Michael Jordan blame a higher power for the loss.

For future reference, try something like this.

"We didn't get it done tonight and during this series. We played a great team in the Dallas Mavericks and they deserved to win. This was a tough loss for me, the team, and for the fans, but we will work hard in the off-season and return next year ready to contend for a title."

Maybe I am wrong. Maybe the problem goes beyond today's group of entitled NBA stars who believe that everything in life should be handed to them. Perhaps this is an NBA problem.

Maybe the league needs to do more to train it's players some basic sportsmanship. Let's start with how to win and lose graciously. If there is anyone who can help them out, it would go a long way to improve the overall image of the league.

Perhaps I fall into the category of people that James spoke about to the media after the game when he said,

"All the people that were rooting on me to fail, at the end or the day they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today. They have the same personal problems they had today.

"I'm going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want to do with me and my family and be happy with that. So they can get a few days or a few months or whatever the case may be on being happy about not only myself, but the Miami Heat not accomplishing their goal. But they got to get back to the real world at some point."

Sorry LeBron, blaming the fans and blaming God does not work. It is time to grow up and blame yourself. Maybe joining the rest of us in the real world wouldn't hurt either.

 

Chris Johstoneaux is a contributor to Bleacher Report that usually covers the NBA, and Major League Soccer. If you liked this article, please take a moment to leave me a comment and follow me on Twitter at @JazzRSLExaminer.

Leonor Varela Joanne Montanez Michelle Obama Kerry Suseck FSU Cowgirls

No comments:

Post a Comment