Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Kyle Busch: NASCAR Star Busch Needs to Keep His Reckless Driving off the Roads

Kyle Busch Caught Going 83 MPH Over the Speed Limit

NASCAR driver Kyle Busch drives really fast. It is, after all, his job. And he's pretty good at it. All you have to do is take a look at his 21 career wins and 104 Top 10 finishes, and that's just in Sprint Cup competition.

Unfortunately, Busch also drives very fast off the track as well. In case you haven't heard the news, Busch was nabbed doing 128 miles per hour in a 45 MPH zone in North Carolina on Tuesday afternoon.

"I was test driving a new sports car, and I got carried away. I went beyond the speed I should have been going on a public road," said Busch, courtesy of the USA Today.

For the record, Busch was driving a beautiful new 2012 Lexus LFA. Police records show that he told officers his new Lexus was "just a toy."

 

MUST READ: The 13 Scariest Crashes in NASCAR History

 

This is not the first time Busch has gotten in trouble for reckless driving. In 2006, he was summoned for squealing his tires in a Richmond, Virginia parking lot. In 2008, he was cited for driving 55 in a 35 MPH zone in North Carolina.

Well, it would appear that you can take the driver off the track, but you can't take the track out of the driver. In fact, one wonders whether or not Busch tells officers, "It's okay, officer. I'm a professional."

To his credit, Busch did apologize for his actions, and he did give police officers their due:

I apologize to the public, my fans, sponsors, and race teams for my lack of judgment. I take responsibility for my actions and I can assure you that something like this will never happen again. I thank the Iredell County Sheriff's Department and all law enforcement for the hard work they do every day to protect the public and to enforce the laws in a fair and equitable manner.

Well said, Mr. Busch. Now do everyone a favor and stop breaking the law when you get behind the wheel. Fair or not, what you do for a living is dangerous. You need not pursue it in your spare time.

Thus concludes your lecture. You are now free to resume kicking ass out on the track.

I apologize to the public, my fans, sponsors, and race teams for my lack of judgment. I take responsibility for my actions and I can assure you that something like this will never happen again. I thank the Iredell County Sheriff's Department and all law enforcement for the hard work they do every day to protect the public and to enforce the laws in a fair and equitable manner

Reese Witherspoon Jordana Brewster Laetitia Casta Claudette Ortiz Julia Stiles

No comments:

Post a Comment