Saturday, June 11, 2011

WSOP: David Diaz Earns First Bracelet and $352,808

David Diaz Wins WSOP $1,500 No-Limit Triple Chance

David Diaz took the 2011 WSOP $1,500 No-Limit Hold?em Triple Chance Event. It is the first bracelet for the professional poker player. Diaz outlast the field of 1,340 players over three days and earned $352,808 for his troubles.

The victory is still sinking in, but it was not unexpected. ?It feels great. It still hasn?t sunk in yet.? Diaz was quoted in onlinepoker.net. ?Actually, I expected to win two. I don?t know why, but I just did.?

READ MORE: Is WSOP a Harmless Vice or Destructive Force?

Diaz triumphed over a field full of pros and amateurs. And he was impressed with the play of his opponent at the final table, Anders Meli. Diaz from the above linked article:

The kid [Meli] I ended up heads-up with played really well. He got there without showing many hands. He played great.

As big, and life changing, victory as it is don't count on Diaz losing perspective of the bigger picture. He is Diaz from an ESPN article:

I had cancer when I was four-years old. I had family that lived in New Jersey?my Aunt Rosa and Ramon. They brought me down to Memphis because that was the only hospital [St. Jude's Children's Hospital in Memphis] for children that had been treated with that type of thing. They pretty much saved my life. ? [It was a] great hospital. They saved my life, and saved a lot of kids lives.

With the Main Event just one month away, tune to Bleacher Report's Poker Page to stay updated on everything happening at the 2011 WSOP.

Nelly Furtado Leeann Tweeden Bali Rodriguez Izabella Miko Cameron Diaz

No comments:

Post a Comment